Women and teachers are going to change the world.
We will also burn ourselves to the ground trying to do so.
Maybe we don't have to suffer in order to rise from the flames like the phoenix...
My goal, in speaking, is always to create space for connections, for emotion, and for transformation. Whether fostering meaningful conversation in an intimate conference setting, facilitating a workshop, or giving a keynote to a larger group, I strive to grant permission for people to honor where they are and dream about where they'd like to be.
In a casual, humorous, heart-felt way, I'll share my epic failures, eye-opening epiphanies, and tips audience members can implement in their own lives and classrooms.
Suggested Topics for Women's Discussion Forums
* The cost of being everything for everyone
* Learning to fill your own shoes: Giving yourself permission to be fully YOU!
* Falling in Love with Your Life
Suggested Topics for Discussion in a Parent Forum
* Supporting children with big feelings
* Connecting with teens
* Overcoming fear of failure
* Building emotional intelligence
Suggested Topics for Discussion in a School Forum
* Nurturing a culture of relationships: Social-emotional learning at school
* Teacher Care: Preventing burnout and fighting disillusionment
* Building belonging and resilience in our classrooms
*School District 35 SEL Conference 2018
*Katzie parent advisory council 2018
*Katzie Elementary teacher professional development 2019
*James Hill parent advisory council 2019
*James Hill Elementary teacher professional development 2019
*Odyssey teacher professional development conference 2019
*Cloverdale Traditional parent advisory council 2019
*TedED TedTalks 2019
*Vancouver Dalai Lama Center for Peace and Education 2018-2020
* Teenhood Summit podcast 2022
* The Zarlequan Podcast January 2024
Listen at: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7aFjXgXh55uGNdil2R23kG?si=15B7UHPVSFq8MYf04-7eSg&t=1479&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A3Y2eFfdtQltP484VY7XfWI
* WestCast Education Conference, Calgary AB April 2024